This savory recipe can be prepared at any time of the day and can be enjoyed, the main ingredient Zucchini is a gourd which has this mild flavor, when made into pancakes or fitters whatever is the name, tastes great while outside still crisp and inside moist. When these pancakes are accompanied with yogurt dipping sauce it tastes divine.
Regional Dish: America, Europe
Cuisine Style: International| Preparation Time: 35min | Take it with sauce | Type: Snack| Shelf Life: 1 day| Quantity : 4 servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (203Kcal), Carbohydrates (21g), Protein (6g), Fat (10.1g).
- 2 medium size Zucchini ( edges trimmed)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup All-Purpose-Flour
- ¼ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 2/3 cup French fried onions
- Oil as needed
- Sauce :
- ½ cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tbsp. of chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- Grate zucchini with the largest holes of the grater in to a bowl, and toss it with some salt and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Now lightly squeeze it and discard the liquid.
- In a separate bowl, with a fork lightly beat egg, add flour, pepper and grated zucchini and stir until well combined.
- Fold in fried onions. Either we can deep fry or shallow fry until browned and serve with Lemon Chive Yogurt Sauce.
- Sauce: In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, chives, lemon juice and salt. Now cover it and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Variations: we can add a variety of other vegetables and herbs to the pan cakes like carrots, mint, cilantro, parsley, spinach, dill, garlic, onion powder, fresh onions, bread crumbs, corn meal, chick pea flour, corn starch, red chili powder.