Wheat rava Upma (గోధుమ రవ్వ ఉప్మా, கோதுமை ரவ தோச, गेहूं रवा उपमा) Godhuma Rava Upma (Wheat Rava Uppindi/Cracked Wheat Uppittu/Dalia Upma) is very nutritious and healthy. It is ideal for dieters Nutrition Facts.
Regional Dish: AndhraPradesh; Tamilnadu; Karnataka, some South Indian places.
Cuisine Style: Andhra | Prep Time: 15mins | Cook Time: 15min | Take with Pickle | Type Breakfast |Shelf Life: 1day |Quantity: 4 Servings
Appx.Nutritional Values: calculated for 1 serving (1 cup)
Calories (280 kcal ), Carbohydrate (34.12g ), Fat (4.29g ),Protein (3.11g).
- 1/4 kg wheat rava
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- 3 green chillies
- 1 onions chopped fine
- 10 to12 curry leaves
- Few for garnishing cashew nuts and raisins
- 1/2″ ginger
- 1 to 2 dry red chillies
- 1tsp rai
- 1tsp urad dal&chanadal
- Finely chop green chillies , onions and ginger.
- Take a pan,put oil and add rai when the oil is hot.
- When they splutter add the urad and chanadal. Drop the slit red dry chillies.
- Add the green chillies and chopped ginger.
- Add water to it (double the amount of rava).
- When it boils add salt, add the rava slowly.
- Keep stirring even while pouring rava , so that it does not form lumps.
- Once you add all the rava and required consistency of upma is attained, turn off the stove.
- Add curry leaves , then garnish with cashew , and raisins.
- Serve hot as such or some ghee and with any chutney or pickle.
Other Varients / Cuisine Style: 1.Vegetable wheat rava upma.