Wheat flour halwa (गेहूं का आटा हल्वा,ઘઉંનો લોટ હલવો,గోధుమపిండి హల్వా, கோதுமை மாவு ஹல்வா) Atte ka halwa is an any time dessert since atta or wheat flour is available at all times in most Indian households.Wheat flour a part for using it in making rotis/chapathis/ pooris it is used to make a delicate sweet which is very much famous in North India , especially in Punjab , Gujarat . It is also served as prasad i most Northern hindu temple.
Regional Dish : Punjab; Gujarat; North India
Cuisine Style : Gujarat | Cooking Time 25 minutes | Take it as snack | Type Sweet | Shelf Life : 1 day
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 1cup) : Calories (263 Kcal), Carbohydrates (48 g), Protein (1.6 g), Fat (12 g).
- Ghee 1 cup
- Wheat flour 1 cup
- Milk 1 cup
- Sugar 1 cup ( it can be modified according to once taste )
- Cashewnuts ,Almonds and Raisins to garnish
- Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
- Add ghee in a pan and heat for couple of mins.
- After that add wheat flour into the ghee and keep stiring untill it turns to golden brown and aroma starts to come.
- Now add milk and sugar into it and stir so that all get mixed up and appears to be cooked.
- Garnish the sweet with nuts and cardamom powder.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Wheat flour halwa with water