Wheat Dosa ( గోధుమ దోస, கோதுமை தோச, गेहूँ डोसा ) Wheat Dosa is one of the popular dosa varieties and it is quick to make as like the usual dosa that is made of wheat flour and Black gram dhal .
Regional Dish: Andhra; Tamilnadu; some places in South Indian
Cuisine Style: Andhra | Cooking Time 15 minutes | Take with Pickle | Type Breakfast /snack| Shelf Life : half day.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving (1nos):
Calories (149 Kcal), Carbohydrates (22.1 g), Protein (3.1 g), Fat (5.2 g) .
- Whole wheat flour 3 cup
- Rice flour 1cup
- Salt to taste 1 tsp.
- Water as needed
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Oil as needed
- Green chillies 3 finely chopped.
1. Mix wheat flour, rice flour, salt , green chillies in a bowl and make it in to a thin batter by added water , avoid lumps forming by mixing well.
2. Now in a skillet tamper cumin and mustard seeds and add this tamper to the batter and allow it to rest for 10 to 15 mins.
3. Put tava on stove. When it becomes hot pour a spoon full of batter and spread it out in circular motion.
5. Put oil around the dosa. When it turns golden brown on the bottom, turn it the other side and remove it and serve with any chutney or sambar.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Plain Wheat dosa 2. Wheat dosa mixing with rice flour.wheat flour dosa with onions.3. Wheat flour dosa with jaggery. 4. Wheat flour dosa with sugar