Vegetable stir fry (కూరగాయాల వేపుడు, ಕಾಯಿಪಲ್ಯ ಸ್ತಿರ್ ಫ್ರೈ सब्जी भूनना, காய்கறி சதிர் பரி) is the healthy as you retain all the goodness of the vegetables by cooking them for a short time. For this stir fry recipe, you can use a mixture of your favorite vegetables such as onions, beans, carrots, peas, capsicum, cabbage, cauliflower, brocoli, zucini, bel peppers of different colors, egg plant etc. All over India and popular across the world and was a famous vegetarian recipe.
Regional dish : Andhra; Karnataka; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take with plain hot rice or bread | Type fry | Shelf Life : 1 day
Appx. Nutritional values : Calories (40 Kcal), Carbohydrates (7 g), Protein (2 g), Fat (1 g).
- Mixed vegetables Chopped thin 3 cups
- Ginger finely chopped or paste 1 tsp
- Garlic finely chopped 1 tsp
- Corn starch 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Vinegar 1 tsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp or according to taste.
- Water or vegetable stock 2 tbsp
- Chili sauce 1 tbsp.
1. Mix corn starch in a little water or vegetable stock in a small bowl. Add soy and chili sauce and vinegar, salt to taste. Mix, Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok. Keep the flame medium.
3. Add onions. Stir for 2 minutes.
4. Add ginger and garlic. Stir.
5. Add cabbage, carrots, capsicum one by one stirring a little every time. Start by adding the vegetables that take longer to cook.
6. Add a tablespoon of water if you want to cook the vegetables soft.
7. When the vegetables are almost cooked, Add the corn starch mixture. Mix well to coat all the vegetables. The sauce will thicken as it cooks so stir briskly.
8. Vegetable stir fry is ready to Serve hot. Serve it on a bed of plain steamed rice or noodles along with a salad of your choice.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Spicy vegetable stir fry (by adding more pepper powder and red chili powder), (add more vinegar or soya sauce). Add some fried tofu
No comments yet.