Vegetable soup (కూరగాయల సూపు, காய்கறி ரசம், सब्जी का सूप) is an incredible way to both lose weight and pack your body full of nutrients. It can cut your calorie intake. Try to make vegetable soup at home as it is fresh and healthy.
Regional dish: North India, it is used by all of the world.
Cuisine Style: North India | Preparation time 5 mins | Cooking time 10 mins | Type Soup, Starter | Shelf life : 1 day | Quantity : 5 Servings.
Appx.Nutritional values: calculated for 1 serving (1cup)
Calories (120), Carbohydrates (24g), Protein (5g), Fat (5g) .
- Tomato 100 gm
- Cabbage 100 gm
- Carrot 100 gm
- Spinach 100 gm
- Cucumber 100gm
- Peas 100gm
- Beans 100 gms
- Oil 2 tbs
- Cumin seeds 1tsp
- Small Onions 4nos
- Salt to taste
- Pepper crushed /powder to taste.
- Cook the vegetables well with salt and some water.
- Squeeze the cooked vegetables and strain.
- Heat the pan and saute the sliced onions and cumin seeds with the oil until the onion become reddish brown in colour.
- After that add the vegetable soup , can add some crushed pepper and boil. Now the clear vegtable soup is ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro/ corinader leaves and can also add some earlier cooked vegetables.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: 1. vegetable soup with other vegetables (carrot, beetroot), 2. soup with all the vegetables blended into a fine puree. 3. soup made rich with a spoon of heavy cream. 4. vegetable soup with lentils/dals.5. Vegatable soup with corn. sky is the limit for making vegetable soups.