Vegetable soup (కూరగాయల సూప్, காய்கறி சூப், सब्जी सूप) Soups have been made since ancient times. Around 1300, Huou, chef at the court of Kublai Khan, wrote a collection of recipes (mainly soups) and household advice entitled “The Important Things to Know About Eating and Drinking”.
Regional Dish : Kerala; Karnataka; Tamilnadu; Andhra; Banglore; Delhi; South and North India.
Cuisine Style : Kerala| Cooking Time 20min|Take any time| Type Soup| Shelf Life : 1day | Quantity : 8 Servings
Appx.Nutrition values : calculated for 1 serving (1cup)
Calories (122 Kcal),Carbohydrates (19.01 g),Protein ( 3.5 g ), Fat (3.7 g).
- 50 gm Carrot (scraped and chopped)
- 50 gm Cauliflower(chopped)
- 200 gm Tomato (chopped)
- 50 gm Butter
- 1 tbsp Oats
- 4 cm length Ginger
- 50 ml Milk
- 100 gm Small Onion(cut into thin circles)
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Corn flour or all purpose flour
- 1tsp Pepper Powder
- Salt as needed
- 1 Green chilly
- 8 cups of Water
- 5-6 Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
1. Heat butter in a pan.
2. Add vegetables, green chilli, salt, 8 cups of water and let it boil.
3. When the vegetables are cooked, add pepper powder and mash.
4. Mix corn flour and oats with milk and add to the soup.
5. Reduce the flame.
6. Add coriander leaves to the soup.
7. Remove from the flame after it boils for a few minutes.
8. Heat oil in another frying pan.
9. Add onions and fry till golden.
10. Transfer the fried onions to the soup and serve hot.
Note : Can blend all the cooked vegetables in a blender to a smooth consistency andcan be served which has smooth , creamy texture.
Other varients / Cuisine Style : 1. Vegetable soup (adding other vegetables) 2. Vegetable soup (with noodles), 3.vegetables with lentil.