Vegetable Fried Rice (वेजिटेबल फ्राइड राइस) It is yet another Indo-Chinese dish. It is Chinese dish that is prepared in Indian style to suite Indian taste. Vegetable fried rice is one of those dishes that’s very simple to make and can be personalized in so many ways. To the same recipe we can replace some vegetables and add egg, chicken , shrimp to make that particular rice variety.
Regional Dish: India
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh| Cooking Time 20 mins| Take it as such| Type Rice| Shelf Life: 1 day| Quantity: 2 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (210Kcals), Carbohydrates (20g), Protein (1 g), Fat (3g).
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp. of finely chopped ginger
- 1 carrot
- 4 stems of beans
- 1/4 cup of shredded cabbage
- 1/2 of capsicum
- 2 stems of spring onions
- 1/2 tsp. of ground black pepper
- 1-2 tsp. of red chili sauce / hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. of vinegar
- 1 tsp. of dark soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. of ajinomoto
- 2 tsp.Oil
- salt as required
- Chop finely carrot, cabbage, bell pepper, spring onion and cut the beans in to tiny pieces.
- Cook the rice with 2 cups of water. Once cooked allow the rice to cool.
Add 2 tsp. of oil to the pan, add ginger and garlic. Saute for a minute.
- Then add the veggies (carrot, beans, bell pepper, spring onion and cabbage) and saute for 3 minutes. Add black pepper and salt to the veggies and saute well for a minute.
- Now add the red chili sauce, vinegar, ajinomoto and soy sauce to the rice. Make sure the crunchiness of the vegetable remains.
- Add rice and saute gently. Switch off the flame and close the lid. Let it steam for 10 minutes. Serve it with yoghurt or chips.
Variations: Cook veggies for 2 minutes in boiling water before adding to oil. Using sesame oil for flavor.
Add some tasting salt. Add some peas. Snow peas, cauliflower, broccoli, celery, corn. Add some sprouts. Add some paneer or tofu.