Vegetable Fried Rice (ಕಾಯಿಪಲ್ಲೆ ಹುರಿ ಅಣ್ಣ, కూరగాయల వేపుడు అన్నము, सब्ज़ी का थाला हुआ चावल) Vegetable Fried Rice is a popular north Indian dish. Its main ingredients are rice (which is rich in carbohydrates) and vegetables like carrot (rich in vitamin A),beans (rich in proteins) and Capsicum (rich in Vitamin C) , you can add any vegetable .It is quite a healthy dish.It is widely preferred by youngsters in the modern world. It goes well with any gravy/raita or as such .
Regional Dish : Karnataka; Andhra; Tamil Nadu; Kerala; South and North India.
Cuisine Style : Karnataka | Cooking Time 40 minutes | Take with Curd chutney | Type Rice | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity : 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 1cup)
Calories (217.5), Carbohydrates (37.0 g), Protein (6.9 g), Fat (3.9 g).
- Basmati rice 2 cups
- Beans, Carrots, Potatoes , Green peas, Capsicum, cauliflower of 1/2 a cup each.
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper powder as per taste
- Cumin seeds 2tsp /shajeera 2tsp
- Ghee 3 tbsp
- Cloves 4 nos
- Cinnamon 2 small pieces
- Cashew nuts 2 tbsp
- Bay leaf 1 small
- Black cardamom 2 nos
- Ginger finely chopped 1 tsp
- Green chillies 3 slit length wise
- Garam masala powder As required
- Lemon juice 1tsp
- Cilantro/coriander leaves 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Soak rice in water about 15 minutes
- Now in a pan put tbsp of ghee/oil add cumin seeds once they pop add cardamom, cinnamon,bay leaf and cloves . to this add soaked rice , add required amount of slat and cook on medium flame till the rice is done.
- On the other hand cut all the vegetables into pieces of desired length
- Pour ghee in a frying pan , fry cashew nuts and put them aside.
- Now in the same pan add the vegetables ,green chilles , ginger and fry until they are cooked fully.
- Add salt, pepper powder, garam masala powder to taste.
- Now to the above mixture of cooked vegetables add rice and fry until all the items are mixed well.
- To the last garnish with some lemon juice , coriander leaves and cahew nuts.
- Add some extra ghee while serving.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Fried Rice 2. Vegetable Pulao. 3.fried rice with scrambled eggs. 4. fried rice with paneer. 4. fried rice with ginger garlic paste