Vankaya Masala Vepudu (వంకాయ మసాల వేపుడు, बैंगन मसाला फ्राई, বেগুন মশলা ভাজা)is a yummy recipe, as the brinjal is king of vegetables, it tastes the same. This recipe can be enjoyed with steamed rice or roti.
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh; Bengal, Orissa
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh | Cooking Time 20 minutes | take with rice/ roti | Type Fry | Shelf Life: 2 day| Quantity: 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving
Calories (75 kcal), Carbohydrates (10 g), Protein (1.4 g), Fat (2 g).
- Brinjal 6 nos. (small round size)
- Onion 1 medium
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp.
- Peanuts 1tbsp.
- Sesame seeds 1 tbsp.
- Poppy seeds 1 tbsp.
- Dry red chilies 3 nos.
- Cloves 3
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric powder ¼ tsp.
- Oil 3tbsp.
- Finely chop onions and fry in 1 tbsp. of oil till they turn golden brown and set aside to cool.
- In another pan dry roast peanuts, sesame, poppy seeds, cloves and dry chilies separately and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled grind all the above ingredients in to fine paste, add ginger garlic paste some salt and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Trim the stalks of brinjals and cut them in to halves and add them in to the pan that we used earlier to fry onions with some oil and sprinkle some salt and cook on medium heat with lid. (keep tossing in between to prevent from burning the vegetable).
- Now the brinjal becomes soft and shrinks in size add the onion paste and if need add 1 tbsp. of oil and cook on medium heat till the onion paste gets fried and starts leaving oil from sides, now remove from heat and allow it to cool before serving.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: add some fresh or dry coconut, add garam masla powder.