Vankaya Chikkudukaya Kura (వంకాయ చిక్కుడుకాయ కూర, கத்தரிக்காய் அவரைக் காய் கூற, बेगन और पपड़ी सब्ज़ी) is a very easy and simple curry to make.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; Kerala; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 25 minutes | Take with Rice | Type Lunch | Shelf Life : 2 days if refrigerated | Quantity : 4Servings.
Appx.Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 2 tbsp)
Calories (150 Kcal), Carbohydrates (2 g), Protein (2 g), Fat (1 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Indian broad beans 250gms
- Eggplant (brinjal) 1 big or 250gms
- Onion 1 big chopped
For seasoning :
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tabsp
- Cumin seeds 1tabsp
- Uard dal 1 tabsp
- Few curry leaves
- Oil tabsp
- Chilli powder 1tabsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2tesp
- Fresh ground coriander, cumin powder 1tabsp
- Cut brinjal in to bite size pieces and beans in to 1 inch pieces, Chop onion very finely.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add mustard seeds,cumin seeds,uard dal, and curry leaves let them crackle then add onion and fry onion till soft.
- Now first add beans, salt, turmeric powder and sprinkle very little water cover it with a lid and let it cook for 5 min.
- Now open the lid and add brinjal pieces mix well and again cover with lid and cook till done stir in between.
- Just before removing from fire add chilli powder, coriander and cumin powder stir well.
- serve with roti or rice.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Brinjal and cluster beans.