Vankaya Allam Iguru (கத்தரிகாய் சுக்கு குழம்பு, వంకాయ అల్లం ఇగురు, बैंगन की जिंजर सब्ज़ी) It is very spicy curry from Andhra Pradesh.
Regional Dish : Tamil Nadu; Andhra; Kerala; Karnataka; South India and some places in North India.
Cuisine Style : Tamil Nadu | Cooking Time 25 minutes | Take with rice | Type Curry | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values :calculated for 1 serving ( 2tbsp)
Calories (80 Kcal), Carbohydrates (1 g), Protein (0 g), Fat (0 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Brinjal 250 gms
- Green peas 100 gms
- Ginger small piece as shown below
- Green chillies 4 nos
- Oil 2 spoons
- Bengal gram (Chana dal) 1 tsp
- Black gram (Urad dal) 1 tsp
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Red chillies 4 nos
- Curry leaves few
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Fresh corrainder leaves for garnishing
- Cut brijal into small pieces and boil brinjal and green peas in a vessel for 15 minutes with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder.
- Once boiled drain the water from cooked vegetables and set a side.
- Now make a fine paste of ginger and green chillies , to this add little tamarind if you like.
- Mix the above paste to the boiled brinjal and green peas.
- Now for seasoning, take some oil in a pan and add chana dal, urad dal, red chillies, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and fry them till they start smelling good and turn golden.
- Mix it to the boiled veggies and add some salt if you like.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it hot with rice or chapatis.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : None.