Vadiyalu (వడియాలు, வடியலு, पापड़) is a deep fried snack which is eaten along with the main meal. It is usually made in bulk and stored for the whole year.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; Kerala; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take it as side dish for Lunch or Dinner | Type Snacks | Shelf Life : 6 months.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 cup : Calories (351 K cal), Carbohydrates (100 g), Protein (26.7 g), Fat (5.5 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Rice flour 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Water as per required
- First boil around 2.5 cups of water. Then add in the salt.
- Now slowly add in the rice flour and keep mixing in order to avoid lumps.
- Now the batter comes closer indicating that it is cooked well.
- Add in the cumin seeds and let it cool for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now take a cookie presser and fill in with this mixture.
- Press it onto a table cloth and sun dry till they are dried fully.
- It might take a couple of days for this.
- Then store it in zip lock bags and use it for one year.
- For eating heat oil in a pan and deep fry these sun dried strings. They turn out white and crispy.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Tamil Nadu Cuisine (Tamota Saggubiyyam vadiyalu).