Vada pav (वडा पाव ,வடை பவ, వడ పావ్) Vada pav is a popular vegetarian fast food dish.
Regional Dish: Maharastra; Karnataka; North Indian places.
Cuisine Style: Maharashtra | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take with sauce | Type Snacks | Shelf Life : 1 day|Quantity : 4 Servings
Appx.Nutritional Values: calculated for 1 serving ( 1 pav has 1 slices of bread and 1 vada )
Calories (330 K cal), Carbohydrates (50 g), Protein (5 g), Fat (5 g).
- Potatoes 5
- Onion 1
- Green chillies 5
- Cloves of garlic
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Ginger 1 inch
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Chickpea/gram flour 1½ cup
- Soda ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder 2 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Pav or indian bread 4 slices
- Tamarind chutney 1 table spoon
- Mint and coriander chutney 1 table spoon
- Mash the boiled potatoes and keep aside.
- Grind garlic and green chillies to form a paste.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan, then add curry leaves, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Add the chopped onions and fry until they turn golden brown.
- Add turmeric powder along with the mashed potatoes, chilli paste and mix well.
- Add salt according to taste.
- Cook covered for 5-7 minutes and leave aside to cool.
- Make small balls out of the mixture once it cools down.
- Make a batter by adding water to the chickpea flour. Also, add red chilli powder, turmeric, soda and salt to it.
- Heat oil in a pan. Dip the balls in the batter and slide them into the hot oil.
- Deep fry on both sides. Fry on medium flame to cook it evenly.
- Cut pav in to half and warm them on a tava , and apply tamarind chutney to one slice and mint and coriander chutney on one slice .
- Now take vada , press them slightly with fingers and put it in between pav slices with chutneys and press them all together to make a sandwich ( desi burger).
- Serve with tomato ketchup
Other Variants / Cuisine Style : 1.Batata vada.
No comments yet.