Usirikaya Pachadi (ఊసిరికాయ పచ్చడి, நெல்லிக சட்னி, अमला की अचार) This is very good for health and it is very tasty too. Amla Chutney is rich with the purest extracts of nutrients. Mainly used for digestive purposes, Amla chutney is extremely delectable in taste.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; Karnataka; Kerala; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take with Rice | Type Pickle | Shelf Life : 6 Months | Quantity : 30 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for the whole pachidi.
Calories (350 K cal), Carbohydrates (80 g), Protein (5 g), Fat (3 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Amla 2 kgs
- Oil 1/2 kg
- Red chili powder 1/2 kg
- Salt 1/2 kg
- Mustard seeds 100gms
- Feungreek seeds 50 gms
- Turmeric 2 tablespoons
- Tamarind 1/4 kg
- Garlic flakes 15 nos
- Dry chilis 3
- Mustard seeds 4 teaspoons
- Wash amlas and dry them.
- Put some scars with knife and fry in oil till light red colour.
- Grind methi seeds and mustard seeds together.
- Boil tamarind and extract pulp.
- Make seasoning in the oil which you used for frying amla.
- Cool it and add tamarind pulp, mustard methi powder, salt, chili powder, turmeric, amla ,garlic flakes and mix well.
- Put in airtight container and use.
- This lasts for 6 months to a year.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Tamil Nadu Cuisine (Osirikkaya pachadi with Curd and Coconut). usiri avakaya