Urad Dal Laddoo (సున్నుండలు, உளுத்தம் பருப்பு லட்டு, उड़द दाल के लड्डू) Sunnundalu or Urad dal ladoo is a very popular and healthy sweet prepared during Diwali festival, Baby shower (known as Srimantham in Telugu).Minappa Sunnundalu (Urad Dal Laddo) is a traditional Andhra sweet dish that is simple to prepare. Can be stored in an air tight container for at least 2 weeks.
This sweet is much beloved because of its unique taste , flavor and nutritional value ( rich in protein and iron).
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamilnadu; Karnataka; and some places in North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Preperationa Time 30 minutes | Take it as Snack | Type sweet | Shelf Life : 2 weeks.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving :
Calories (320 Kcal), Carbohydrates (22.2 g), Protein (8 g), Fat (14.47 g).
- Urad dal 2cups
- Rice 1 tbs
- Powdered Jaggery 1 1/2 cup or sugar
- Fried Dry fruits 1/2 cup ( optional)
- Ghee as need
- Take a pan Dry roast Urad dal till golden brown colour, then add rice and roast for 3min and blend in a blender make a fine powder.
- To the above dal powder add jaggery or sugar and rub well and keep a side.
- Now take a pan heat 1cup of ghee , once it get warm add this to urad dal and jaggery mixture and mix well , add the nuts .
- The make laddus ‘s of equal size and store in a air tight container.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Urad dal laddu (urad dal with Bengal gram dal) , Whole urad dal with husk laddu.