Ullipaya Pulusu ( ఉల్లిపాయ పులుసు, வெங்காயம் புலுசு ,प्याज पुलुसू ) A spicy sweet and sour sauce with onions. This is one of the most liked dishes in Andhra Pradesh. This is generally mixed with rice and little ghee. Goes absolutely well with appadam or jantikalu or vadiyams.
Regional Dish : Andhra Pradesh; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra Pradesh | Cooking Time 20 min | Take with rice or roti | Type curry |Shelf Life : 2 days if refrigerated.
Appx. Nutritional values : Calories (64 Kcal), Carbohydrates (15 g), Protein (2 g), Fat (0g).
- Pearl onions 15
- Oil 2tsp
- Green chillies 3
- Chopped coriander leaves 2tsp
- Tamarind juice 3tsp
- Chilli powder 1tsp
- Jaggery about 2 tsp
- Besan 2tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds 1tsp
- Cumin seeds 1tsp
- Menthulu 1tsp
- Curry leaves few
1. Peel the onions and wash them.
2. Heat oil in cooking pan and add seasoning ingredients along with chilli powder.
3. When the mustard starts splutter, add onions and fry till golden brown.
4. Pour tamarind juice and water.Add salt,jaggery,green chillies simultaneously and cook till the onions are soft.
5. When the onions are fully cooked add little besan to thicken the pulusu.
6. Cook for another 10 minutes and garnish with coriander leaves.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: None.