Ugadi pachadi (ఉగాది పచ్చడి, உகாதி பச்சடி, उगादि चटनी) Ugadi is a new year for telugu and kannada people , it is Gudi padva in Maharstra. Ugadi pachadi is prepared by andhra people which is a combinarion of 6 tastes / flavours each standing for a special character a man experiences in life. That is salty, spicy, tangy, bitter, sour and sweet.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamilnadu; Karnataka; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Preperation Time 15 minutes | Take as prasadam | Type chutney | Shelf Life : half day | Quantity : 10 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : ?
- Neem flowers 2 tsp
- Chrushed jaggery (gur) 4 tsp
- One small lemon size ball of tamarind made into thick tamarind water (imli)
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped raw mango (kachcha aam) 1 tbsp
- In a bowl take out some tamring juice , to this add crushed jaggery, salt , chilli powder , neem flowers .
- Peel the skin of raw mango and cut it in to small pieces and add to the bowl.
- This is offered to god and is take a prasadam as a tsp first in the morning after taking bath and pooja.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Some make is in a new mud pot by adding coconut pieces. some add mashed banana. some add pieces of sugarcane. some add kus kus , some people make neem leaves and jaggery paste.