Tutti Frutti Biscotti (टूटी फ्रूटी बिस्कुट) These Biscotti is also called candied cherry biscotti. These can be enjoyed as such or with a cup of hot chocolate or coffee. They have longer shelf life as they are dry and crispy in nature.
Regional Dish: America, Europe, Middle East, India
Cuisine Style: America| Cooking Time 60 mins | Take it as such | Type Sweet/Snack | Shelf Life : 10 days |Quantity : 10 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving (2 nos)
Calories (220 Kcals), Carbohydrates (32 g), Protein (4), Fat (8g).
- ½ cup butter , softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsps. Almond extract or Vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- ½ cup candied fruit (tutti fruitti )
- ½ thinly sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a large cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the almond extract. Combine the flour and baking powder; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in candied cherries and almonds.
- With lightly floured hands, shape dough into two 10 inch long loaves. Place rolls 5 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet; flatten each to 3 inch width.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until set and light golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Using a serrated knife, cut loaves diagonally into 1/2 inch slices. Arrange slices cut side down on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until bottoms begin to brown. Turn, and bake an additional 5 minutes, or until browned and crisp. Cool completely. Store in tightly covered container.
Variations: We can make with different types of nuts ( pistachios, date, cashew, walnuts, pecans )
Dry fruits ( date, figs, candied pineapple, plums, apricots, raisins) chocolate, cranberries , orange zest, mint, candy cane , pumpkin, peanut butter, hazelnut) , all berries too.