Tomato Vankaya Kura (વંકાય તામતો કુરા, ಟೊಮೇಟೊ ವೆಂಕಯ ಕೂರ, టొమాటో వంకాయ కూర , टमाटर बैगन कर्री ) Brinjal in India is called as king of all the vegetables , this curry along tomato makes it even more delicious.It is also prepared all over India in variations , today we are making in gujarathi syle
Regional Dish : Gujarat; all over India.
Cuisine Style : Gujarath | Cooking Time 20 min | Take with rice or roti | Type Curry | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity : 3 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calcualted for whole recipe
Calories ( 177Kcals) , Carbohydrates (9.7 g) , Protein (2g) , Fat (1.2g)
- Brinjals (small size) 5
- Tomatoes (medium size) 2
- Curds 2 cups
- Onion, finely chopped 1
- Green chillies 2
- Chilli powder 2 tsp
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Oil 6 tsp
- Salt as required
- Urad daal 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Wash and cut the brinjals keeping the stem intact.
- Chop the tomatoes. In a bowl take the curd add salt, turmeric, chilli powder and beat well.
- To this add brinjals, tomatoes, onion, green chillies and mix. Keep it marinated for an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the urad daal, cumin seeds and mustard seeds. When seeds splutter add only the marinated vegetables. Keeping the curd aside. Mix well and cover the pan.
- After ten minutes when the vegetables are cooked then add in the leftover curd.
- Mix and close the pan and continue cooking until the oil leaves the sides of the pan. Garnish with coriander leaves and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis
Other variants / Cuisine Style : None.