Tomato Perugu Pachadi (టమోటా పెరుగు పచ్చడి, टमाटर दही की चटनी, தக்காளி தயிர் சட்னி) This pachadi is a yougart based, In andhra many vegetables are boiled and added to yougart and then seasoned which accomplish maily rice and also rotis. Which are gravy , simple yet flavorful.
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh| Cooking Time 30 mins | Take it rice | Type Chutney | Shelf Life : 1 day |Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 2 tbsp.)
Calories (35Kcals), Carbohydrates (8.1g), Protein (1.5g), Fat (1.9g)
- 2 large red ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 finely chopped onion (optional)
- 1 chopped green chilli
- 1 1/2 cups curd
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- pinch of turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- For seasoning/poppu/tadka:
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- pinch of hing/asafoetida (optional)
- 8 fresh curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp split black gram (minappa pappu)
- 1 dry red chili, broken in to pieces
- Cook the chopped tomatoes with some salt and turmeric to soft consistency, once they are soft take it off the heat and allow them to cool.
- In the meantime beat curds to smooth consistency, to this add the cooled, softened tomatoes, finely chopped coriander leaves and green chili and mix well. Adjust the salt.
- Heat oil in a pan. add mustard seeds and let them pop, add the split gram dal and let it turn red. Add the curry leaves, red chili and asafoetida and toss for a few seconds. Now add this seasoning to the above tomato curd mixture and serve it with rice or rotis.
- Note : Refrigerate the pachadi to avoid it from getting sour. This is enjoyed fresh.