Tomato Curry (ടാമടോ കുറ, టమోటాకూర, டொமாடோ குற, टमाटर करी ) This is a curry which is liked by any one all over the world with variations. In the same way it is also prepared with varations with basic ingredients in indian cooking all over India.
Regional Dish: Kerala; Andhra Pradesh; Tamilnadu; some of the South India places.
Cuisine Style: Kerala| Cooking Time 10min |Take with rice and chapati | Type curry| Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity : 2 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional Values calculated for whole recipe:
Calories (117 kcals), Protein (5.27g), Fat (2.5g).
- Tomato 3 nos
- Shallots 2 nos
- Green chilies 2 nos
- Ginger grated 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt As needed
- Water 1/4 cup
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/4tsp
- Curry leaves 10 leaves
- Chop tomatoes and onions in to fine pieces.
- Put a pan on stove over medium heat, put oil.
- When the oil get hot add cumin, mustard seeds and curry leaves when they pop add the tomatoes, onions and ginger.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add salt, chili powder, turmeric powder and if needed add some water and cook over medium heat
- Stir in between to avoid burning of recipe. once the tomato and onion gets cooked well and also the oil starts separating from sides, take the curry off then stove.
- Serve with chapathi or steamed rice.
Other Variants /Cuisine Style : 1. Tomato curry with vegetables , tomato curry with coconut paste, tomato curry with onion stalks.