Tofu Tikka (टोफू टिक्का) are one of Indian appetizer that is entiher made with paneer or chicken, this is a vegan variety that is made with Firm or Extra firm tofu; using Indian condiments. This is very simple and nutritious which is loaded with soya protein. It can be enjoyed as such as a snack or with meals as a side.
Regional Dish: North India
Cuisine Style: India | Preparation Time: 1.5 hours | Take it as such or with some sauce | Type : Appetizer| Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 6 servings.
Appx. Nutritional values: Calories (180 Kcal), Carbohydrates (21g), Protein (4.6 g), Fat (3 g).
- Firm or Extra Firm tofu 1 pack or 14 oz (cut into bite sized cubes)
- Red Onion 1 medium (diced)
- Capsicum 1 medium (diced)
- Tomato 2 no. (seed n center part removed & diced)
- Oil to toast tikka.
- Thick Curd /plain yogurt 1/2 cup
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp.
- Cumin Powder 1/2 tsp.
- Garam Masala Powder 1/4 tsp.
- Chaat masala Powder ¼ tsp.
- Ginger paste ¼ tsp.
- Garlic paste ¼ tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder ¼ tsp.
- Lemon Juice 1/2 tsp. (optional)
- Press Tofu gentle between your palms to remove excess water ; and cut in to cubes.
- Now take a wide bowl first add curds and to this add all the ingredients listed in marination and mix well.
- To this add tofu and diced onion, tomato & capsicum and mix everything gently to coat everything.
- Once done cover the bowl with plastic/cling wrap and let it rest in room temperature for minimum 1 hour.
- After one hour of marination, Heat a tawa smear oil and place tofu, onion & capsicum pieces and cook; drizzle oil around and cook in medium heat for 1-2 minutes then flip to other side and cook for a minute.
- Similarly cook on all sides or simply you can put it on skewers and grill them.
- That’s it our Tofu Tikka is ready, serve hot with lemon wedges & sliced onions.
- Notes: To get thick yogurt/curd, hang 3/4 cup curd in cheese cloth/cotton cloth to get all the liquid out. Once done use the thick creamy yogurt in the recipe.
- Notes: Before adding tofu and other vegetables to wooden skewers soak them in water for few minutes so that when grilling they will not get burned.