Tofu & Rice Noodles in Hot Peanut Sauce is a spicy noodle which is full of flavor of peanut and good source of plant protein from tofu.
Regional Dish: India
Cuisine Style: India| Cooking Time 30 mins | Take it as such | Type Snack| Shelf Life: 1 day| Quantity: 2 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (150Kcal), Carbohydrates (16g), Protein (6g), Fat (2g)
• Rice noodles to bundles ( flat or thin or thick variety)
• Broccoli: wash and cut or separate small florets (10 to 12)
• Carrot: cut to thin, vertical strips of 2 inches length (15 to 20)
• Spring onions (1 bunch) – finely chop
• Tofu: Extra firm variety, cut to 1-inch cubes (10 to 12 cubes)
• Bean sprouts: wash and half them (about a cup)
• Toasted peanuts 1 tbsp.
• To garnish: prepare cilantro and lime juice
• You also need soy sauce and salt to taste.
Ingredients for Peanut sauce:
• Half cup of roasted peanuts
• 8 dried red chillies
• ½ tsp. of each – salt and jaggery/sugar to taste
• Take them all in blender. Add a cup of water and blend to smooth paste. To make peanut sauce.
1. In a big skillet, add a tablespoon of peanut oil. Add and fry tofu cubes to pale gold color. Remove to a plate and keep them aside.
2. To the same skillet, add the vegetables and stir-fry them to the tenderness you desire. Then add the fiery-fragrant peanut sauce, a pinch of salt and one teaspoon of soy sauce. And also tofu cubes and bean sprouts. Mix. Cook for about 5 minutes, covered. If the sauce is too tight, add little bit of water and adjust the seasoning.
3. Meanwhile cook rice noodles 2 bundles, one for each person, according to packet instructions. Take care not to overcook. They would stick to each other and become a soggy mess if overcooked. Drain and immediately add the rice noodles to skillet.
4. Toss the rice noodles with vegetables and peanut sauce. Sprinkle some more bean sprouts , cilantro and squeeze some lime juice. Top of with some more toasted peanuts and enjoy hot.
Variations: Add other vegetables like asparagus, Bell peppers of choice.