Thai Mango Sticky Rice(थाई आम चिपचिपा चावल, థాయ్ మామిడి జిగురు అన్నం) This Mango Sticky Rice Dessert (Khao Niaow Ma Muang) is a classic Thai dessert and SO very scrumptious. Place some fresh mango slices over the sticky rice, then smother with the easy coconut sauce – pure heaven! No doubt you will love this very simple but exotic Thai dessert.
Regional Dish: Thai
Cuisine Style: Indian| Cooking time 30minutes| Take as such | Type Sweet | Shelf life 1 day
Appx Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving (1 cup):
Calories ( 220.7Kcals) , Carbohydrate ( 27.4g) , Protein (2.5g), Fat ( 12.8g)
- Ripe Mango : 1 Medium size
- Rice (Sticky/Glutinous/thai rice) : 1 Cup
- Coconut Milk :2Cups
- Sugar : 3 Tbsp
- Salt : a pinch
- Nutmeg powder : a pinch (optional)
- Roasted Sesame seeds : 1tbs
- Water :1 cup
- Chop the mango into cubes for toppings and few lengthy strips to decorate.
- Soak the sticky rice in water for about 2 – 3 hrs.
- Rinse the rice and drain. Add 1 cup of water and cook for 3-4 mins. When it is boiling and tend to thick add 1 cup of coconut milk, salt , sugar, and cook till the rice becomes soft and thick.
- Now pour the remaining coconut milk and some sugar in a sauce pan
- And cook for 5- 6 mins to make a coconut sauce. Sprinkle nutmeg powder and turn off the heat.
- Set aside to cool and absorb for 10-15 mins.
- To serve , take a blow or serving plate , put amould of cooked rice and top with cubes of mango and pour a spoonful of coconut sauce and garnish with mint leaf and roasted sesame seeds.
- Serve warm or cold.
No comments yet.