Tajik Rice (ताजिक चावल) This is a chicken rice variety , it is spicy and also tangy due to dried plums. It is different rice variety.
Regional Dish: Pakistan
Cuisine Style : Pakistan | Cooking Time 30 mins | Take as Such/ rice/ roti | Type meal | Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving
Calories (310 Kcal), Carbohydrates (26.0 g), Protein (6.8 g), Fat (10. g).
- Rice 300g
- Chicken 1/2kg
- Yogurt 250g
- Dry plums 200g
- Tomatoes 2
- Fried diced potatoes 3
- Onions 2
- Boiled peas 1/2cup
- Green chilies 6
- Kewra 2tbsp
- Coriander ¼ bunch
- Crushed red chili 1tbsp
- Garam masala powder 1tsp
- Whole garam masala as required
- Turmeric 1Tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste 2tbsp
- Salt as required
- Ghee ½ cup
- Boil the potatoes in turmeric water until tender. Cut each potato into four and keep aside
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add the chopped onions along with the whole garam masala and fry for 3 minutes
- When the onions change color add the ginger garlic paste along with 1/2kg chicken. Cook until the color of the chicken changes
- Add 1tbsp turmeric, 1tbsp crushed red chilies,1tsp garam masala powder and salt as required
- Cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add 250g yogurt, 2 chopped tomatos,6 green chilies,1/4bunch chopped parsley and 200g dry plums. Turn the flame off
- Add the fried potatoes along with the chicken into the plum mixture
- In a separate pan boil the rice until slightly done, strain and spread the rice over the chicken mixture.
- Now spread a layer of rice which is 1/3 done followed by a layer of rice which is half done.
- Sprinkle kewra water on top, cover and simmer for 12 minutes
- The delicious Tajik rice is ready to serve.