Sweet Potatoes Classic can be enjoyed year round; when it is boiled the sweetness enhances and also makes to easily digestible. This is the same out boiled and mashed sweet potatoes with a twist and richness of cream , sugar and nuts. As sweet potatoes are rich in soluble fiber, complex carbohydrates, vitamins like A and B.
Regional Dish: American
Cuisine Style: American | Cooking Time 65 minutes | Take it as such | Type Sweet| Shelf Life: 1 week if refrigerated | Servings 10
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (150Kcal), Carbohydrates (24 g), Protein (2 g), Fat (6 g).
- 5 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake sweet potatoes 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until they begin to soften. Cool slightly, peel, and mash.
- In a large bowl, mix the mashed sweet potatoes, salt, 1/4 cup butter, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, sugar, and heavy cream. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/4 cup butter, flour, brown sugar, and chopped pecans. Mix with a pastry blender or your fingers to the consistency of course meal. Sprinkle over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until topping is crisp and lightly browned.