Sweet Nothings is a simple and elegant sweet that can be prepared in no time , the final product is soft, and can please any guest.
Regional Dish: India
Cuisine Style: Indian | Cooking Time 15 minutes | Take it as such | Type Sweet| Shelf Life: 1 week | Servings 5
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (80Kcal), Carbohydrates (8 g), Protein (0.5 g), Fat (0.5 g).
- 1 small egg white (look for a very small egg)
- 300g icing sugar
- 1 drop raspberry red color
- Sprinklers, Choco chips of your choice or just dusting of sugar for decoration
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Sieve the icing sugar to ensure there are no lumps.
- Add the egg white, the raspberry red color and the vanilla extract and mix well. You should have a thick, almost dough consistency mixture ready with you.
- Fill the mixture in a piping bag and pipe a small coin sized lumps on a greased microwave safe tray. Remember to keep plenty of space in between for these are going to puff up at least 6-8 times in size!
- Press some sprinkles on top and microwave these at high for 1 minute only. Watch them as they bloat up like balloons.
- Remove from the microwave and allow them to rest for a minute before you lift them up. You can spread some mixed fruit or strawberry jam between two and sandwich them too.