Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup (स्वीट कॉर्न सब्जी का सूप)
Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup, this is an Indian version that can be enjoyed as a starter of any Indian meal.
Regional Dish: India, China
Cuisine Style: Indian | Cooking Time 25 mins | Take it as such | Type Soup | Shelf Life : 1 day |Quantity : 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving (1 cup)
Calories (45Kcals), Carbohydrates (8g), Protein (1.5g), Fat (0.5g)
- Sesame Oil – 1 tsp. (any oil )
- Garlic – 1 clove, peeled and grated
- Ginger – 4 thin slices julienne ( optional)
- Fresh Sweet Corn/ Cream Style Corn/ canned corn – 2 cups
- Carrots – 2, diced small
- French Beans – 6, finely chopped
- Green Peas – 2 tbsp.
- Green onion – 2, green part, finely chopped
- Vegetable Broth – 4 cups
- Corn Starch – 1 tsp., mixed with 2 tbsp. of room temp water
- Pepper Powder – To Taste
- Salt – To Taste
- Ajinomoto ½ tsp.
- Heat the pot and add the sesame oil.
- Stir in the grated garlic and sauté for a min.
- Add carrots, French beans and sauté for another min.
- Add the green peas, coarsely processed sweet corn (or Cream Style Corn from Can) and vegetable stock to cook the veggies.
- Once the vegetables are tender add the corn starch mixed with room temperature water.
- Season the soup with salt , ajinomoto and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve hot.