Sweet Corn Pakoda (మొక్కజొన్న పకొడి , मकई की पकोरा) is a Indian crunchy pokada which has the freshness and sweetness of corn. This can be enjoyed as such as a appetizer or as a side in the meal.
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh| Cooking Time 30 mins | Take it as Such| Type Snack| Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (180Kcal), Carbohydrates (21g), Protein (4g), Fat (6g)
• Fresh Sweet Corn 1 cup
• Gram flour 2 tbsp.
• Rice flour 2 tbsp.
• Coriander powder 1 tsp.
• Salt and red chili powder as needed.
• Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp.
• Turmeric powder ¼ tsp.
• Garlic sliced 2 tbsp.
• Green chilies sliced 3nos.
• Onion sliced ½ cup
• Curry leaves 3 sprigs.
• Oil for frying.
1. Peel fresh corn from the cob and squeeze them with hand to make them mushy a bit.( this is done to prevent the corn from popping while deep frying)
2. To the corn add gram flour, rice flour, coriander powder, salt , chili, turmeric, ginger garlic paste and combine them well.
3. Now put a deep bottom pan with oil and deep fry the corn mixture to golden brown color; once done put them on a absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
4. Now take an another pan add 1 tbsp. of oil to this add the sliced garlic, onions, green chilies and curry leaves and fry till them become soft; Now add the fried corn and give a nice mix and serve this with some sauce.
Variations: Add corn flour.