Sweet corn Cutlet (स्वीट कॉर्नकटलेट, తీపి మొక్కజొన్నకట్లెట్)is a savory item, it is very nutritious as such as when it is combined with other vegetables it becomes a power pack of nutrients. This can be enjoyed in a afternoon or evening as a snack. Mostly this is enjoyed by kids. It is one of India street food during winter and rainy seasons.
Regional dish: North India
Cuisine Style: Delhi | Preparation time 30 mins | Type Snack | Take with sauce | Shelf life: 2 days if refrigerated | Quantity: 8 Servings.
Appx.Nutritional values: calculated for 1 serving (2 pieces)
Calories (240K cals), Carbohydrates (40g), Protein (6g), Fat (5g)
- Fresh or frozen sweet corn kernels 2 cups
- Carrot grated ½ cup
- Onion diced finely ½ cup
- Boiled potato 1
- Coriander leaves ½ cup
- Green chilies 2 minced.
- Bread slice 1
- Salt, pepper as needed.
- Garam masala ½ tsp
- Dry mango powder 1 tsp.
- Chat masala powder 1tsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp.
- Cumin and coriander seeds powder ½ tsp each
- Oil for shallow frying
- Bread crumbs 1 cup
- First grind the corn kernels roughly and dish out in to a big mixing bowl.
- To bowl add all the ingredients, except oil and bread crumbs.
- Now mix all the ingredients well, so that it becomes like a dough.
- Now put a small shallow pan on stove on medium heat.
- Make patties of the corn dough of ½ inch thick size and roll them in bread crumbs.
- Dust off the excess bread crumbs and shallow fry on both the sides on low heat.
- It takes about 10 minutes roughly to fry on both the sides.
- Now the corn cutlets are ready to be enjoyed either with tomato sauce or fresh mint chutney.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: Add different colors of bell peppers, mushrooms, tofu, paneer, soya nuggets, beets, egg, legumes such as peas, kidney beans, barley, chickpeas, lima beans