Suki Urad Dal (सूखी उड़द की दाल) is a favorite recipe from the hills of Missouri. This dal cooks quickly . It is usually served with yogurt and salsa salad of tomato and red onions.
Regional Dish: Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Haryana.
Cuisine Style: Himachal Pradesh | Cooking Time 30mins | Take it with rice/ roti| Type Dal| Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (83Kcal), Carbohydrates (9g), Protein (3g), Fat (3g)
- 7 oz of Urad Dal skinless washed and rinsed and soaked for 15 minutes.
- 3 cups hot water
- 2 tbs. kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- For basic Chaunk/ tempering or Spice Garnish:
- 2-3 tbs. ghee
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- A large pinch of asafoetida .
- 2-3 whole red chillies
- Boil dal with turmeric powder, fenugreek leaves and salt till tender and soft
transfer to a serving bowl.
- Heat ghee in a small pan. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida powder and let the seeds start to sizzle. Add whole chilies and pour immediately over the cooked dal. Cover with a lid immediately, to allow the flavors to infuse into the dal.