Sugar Cookies (चीनी कुकीज़) These cookies are prepared all over the world with some variations, You can enjoy this cookie on any day and for any occasion. In India many enjoy with a cup of tea, they are also called as tea biscuit. Kids love them. They are very easy to make, in which every way you make the cookie comes out as a surprise which just melts away.
Regional Dish: All over world
Cuisine Style: India | Cooking Time 150 mins | Take it as such | Type Sweet/Snack | Shelf Life : 10 days |Quantity : 10 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 2 nos )
Calories (80.1 Kcals), Carbohydrates (10.8 g), Protein (1), Fat (3.2g).
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ salt
- Mix butter and sugar to soft, to this add eggs and mix well to smooth consistency.
- Now add the vanilla, flour, baking soda and salt and mix to a very smooth consistency and wrap this up and chill at least 2 hr. , for best cookies chill overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to which ever thick ness you like from ½ inch to ¼ inch think and cut in to desired shapes using cookie cutters. Repeat this till all the dough is finished.
- Place the cookies 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- We what the cookies to be soft, done but not browned. Allow it to rest for few minutes and decorate them the way you want and enjoy.
Variations: After cutting the shapes we can press some whole nuts or nut pieces on top of cookie before baking. We can sprinkle some sugar on top before baking.
No comments yet.