Spinach Dal (పాలకూర పప్పు, கீரை பருப்பு, पालक दाल, ಪಳಕುರ ಪಪ್ಪು) is a delicious heartening dal using spinach greens – a classic Andhra pappu kura. Its full of protein, nutritious and you will enjoy preparing it because its easy, quick and your kitchen will be filled with an aromatic fresh flavor of spinach simmering with tuvar dal that absorbs the seasoning beautifully.It is widely prepared in all parts of India all through the year as it is available .
Regional Dish : Andhra Pradesh; Tamilnadu; Karnataka; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take with rice or chapati | Type Curry | Shelf Life : 1day | Quantity :8 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values :calculated for 1 serving(1/2 cup)
Calories (119 Kcal), Carbohydrates (10.9 g), Protein (4.8 g), Fat (7.4 g).
- Palak 1 bunch (pluck the leaves and wash them and cut it )
- Toor dal ( kandipappu ) 1 cup
- Onions (small) 2(chopped)
- Green chillies 2
- Turmeric Powder pinch
- Oil 1 tbs
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds 1 tbs
- Cumin seeds 1 tbs
- Garlic cloves 2 crushed
- Red chillies 1 or 2 broken
- Curry leaves 5
- Tamarind Paste 4 to 5 tbs
- Wash and pressure cook dal,palak,tamarind,chopped onions,green chillies,turmeric together with 3 cups of water till 3 whistles .
- When the pressure is released,remove the lid add salt .
- Heat oil in a Pan add crushed garlic cloves,mustard seeds,jeera,red chillies,curry leaves and fry them to turn brown .
- Now add dal to this and cook in low heat with lid covered for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice,ghee and mango pickle.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Palak with moong dal 2. pala kura pulusu.
No comments yet.