Spicy Puffed Rice Mixture (मसाला मुरमुरे , మమసాలా మరమరాలు) It is any time snack that is enjoyed by all Indian’s with variations. It is also a beach snack which is enjoyed by rich to poor. Once tasted no one can ever forget , its so edict able
Regional Dish :Andhra , Maharashtra , Bengal , North India , Gujarat
Cusian Style : Maharastrian | Cooking Time 15 mins | Take with as such | Type Snack | Shelf Life : 6 days |Quantity : 5 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 1 cup )
Calories (110 Kcal), Carbohydrates (10.0 g), Protein (1.6 g), Fat (1.2 g).
- Puffed rice : 4 cups
- Thin Sev : ½ cup
- Peanuts : 4 tbsp
- Roasted chana dal ( daliha) 4tbsp
- Dry coconut pieces : 4 tbsp
- Curry leaves : a few
- Red chillies : 2 (broken into small pieces)
- Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder : 1 tsp (adjust according to your spice levels)
- Salt : as required
- Coriander powder : 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
- Oil : 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a deep shallow pan on medium high flame, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chillies, peanuts and coconut pieces.
- When peanuts and coconut pieces are well fried, add roasted chana dal, curry leaves, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix puffed rice.
- Stir well so that the puffed rice is evenly coated with the powders and fry for two more minutes and take it off the flame.
- Now combine sev and check for taste.
- Once it is cool , store in a air tight container
Note: There is no rule with the measurements in the recipe. Alter the ingredients according to once wish.
- You can serve the puffed rice as it is or top it with finely chopped onions and a dash of lemon juice.
- For beach style murmur masala,you can mix the murmur with grated carrots,finely chopped onions, tomatoes, green mango , cucumber ,coriander,a dash of lemon and mix well and serve immediately.Garnish with fine sev.
- You can add cashews.
- You can add some boiled potatoes
- You can add some crushed papdi, roasted corn flakes, roasted phoolmakhani.
- You can add fresh ginger garlic paste and mix well too.