Spicy Lentil Soup (तीखा दाल का सूप) This soup very simple but very nutritious as it is made with dal, and becomes a complete , yet simple and delicate, whole some meal by all means when served with naan or roti.It can be enjoyed at any time of the day who wants a simple meal. In winters it can be enjoyed hot hot as such .
Regional Dish : North Indian
Cuisine Style : Delhi | Cooking Time 20 mins | Take it as such/ roti/Naan | Type Soup | Shelf Life : 1 day |Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 1 cup )
Calories (369 Kcal), Carbohydrates (58.0 g), Protein (27g), Fat (3 g).
- 2 cups red lentils washed ( masoor dal)
- 1 big chili, chopped (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1 large tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 1 1/2-inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- As per taste salt
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- Naan/roti, for serving
- Combine the lenthis and 7 cups warm water in a pot, cover and bring to a boil.
- Add the chile, tomato, ginger, garlic, turmericand 2 teaspoons salt.
- Partially cover and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until thickened for 18 to 20 minutes. Stir in the cilantro.
- Thin the soup with water, if desired, and season with salt.
- Mix the yogurtwith 2 teaspoons water and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with the yogurt and more cilantro. Serve with naan.
Variation: Can be served with a tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice