Spicy curry leaf powder (கறி வேப்பிலை போடி, కరివేపాకు పొడి, पत्ता करी पाउडर) South Indians, our everyday traditional food is incomplete with a podi (spice powder) and its an essential food item on the dining table, be it for breakfast or lunch.Curry leaf powder is rich in iron , it has that soft flavor that is so palatable to any tounge.
Regional Dish : Andhra Pradesh; Kerala; Tamil Nadu; Karnataka; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra Pradesh | Preperation Time 15 minutes | Take with Idly/dosa/ rice | Type Spicy powder | Shelf Life :1 month
Appx. Nutritional values :
- Karivepaku powder 2 cups (Dry and fry curry leaves with a little oil and grind to powder)
- Black gram 50 gms
- Corianderseeds 2Tbsp
- Fenugreekseeds 1 tsp
- Mustardseeds 1 tsp
- Cuminseeds 1 tbsp
- Dry redchilles 4 nos
- Tamarind small lemon size
- Hing and salt as per taste
- Fry black gram, fenugreek, mustard, coriander and jeera with a little oil and grind into a fine powder.
- Add red chillies, tamarind , salt and hing and grind.
- Add karivepaku powder and use whipper to mix.
- Store it
Other variants / Cuisine Style : curry leaf powder with fresh crushed garlic , with pepperorns