Soya Nugget Manchurian (सोया मंचूरियन)
Nutri-nuggets or soy nuggets are popularly used an alternative for meat. It is high in protein; they are a great choice for vegetarians and can be made in varied preparations.
Regional Dish: India
Cuisine Style: Indian | Cooking Time 35 mins | take it as such | Type Soup | Shelf Life: 1 day |Quantity: 3 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving
Calories (177Kcals), Carbohydrates (14g), Protein (14g), Fat (1.5g)
- Soy Nuggets (soaked in hot water with salt): 1 cup
- Onions (cubed): 1/4 cup
- Bell pepper (cubed): 1/4 cup
- Ginger (finely sliced): 1 tablespoon
- Garlic (finely sliced): 1 tablespoon
- Green chilies (slit): 4-5
- Spring Onions (chopped): one bunch
- Corn starch: 5 tablespoons
- Chili Garlic sauce: 2 -3 tablespoons
- Soy Sauce: 3 tablespoons
- Vinegar: 2 tablespoons
- Tomato Ketchup: 2 tablespoons
- Sugar (optional): 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry: 5 table spoons
- Soak the soy nuggets in hot water and salt for about 10 minutes. The dry nuggets absorb water and fluff up by increasing their size by twice.
- Dissolve the corn starch with some ketchup in little water to make a thick paste. Keep aside.
- Squeeze water from the fluffed up nuggets and coat them with the corn starch mix and let it sit.
- Cut all the veggies in the meantime.
- Heat 4 tbsp. of oil on a deep wok. Shallow fry the soy nuggets until the coated corn starch gets all cooked then take them out and set aside.
- In the same wok add 1 tsp. of oil and fry chopped ginger, garlic, green chilies. Toss in the onions, bell peppers. Add back the fried soy nuggets. Add in chill garlic sauce, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Adjust the salt and spice. Keep tossing till everything gets well coated. Finely garnish with chopped spring onions.
No comments yet.