Soya Chunks Manchurian is enjoyed in we tor dry form, it is spicy and tangy with lots of soya sauce flavor which is basically a Indo-Chinese dish which is prepared to suite Indian food.As it is prepared with soya chunks, it is rich in bean protein which is very healthy food that can be added as a side dish to any menu.
Regional Dish : India
Cuisine Style: Indo-Chinese | Cooking Time 25 minutes | Take as such or side dish | Type Curry/Snack | Shelf Life : 1 day.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (200Kcal), Carbohydrates (20 g), Protein (10 g), Fat (4 g).
- Soya chunks 1cup ( soaked in hot water for 15 min)
- Corn starch 4 tsps.
- Green chili paste 1 tbsp.+ 1tbsp.
- Soya sauce 2 tsps. + 3tsps.
- Oil 1 tbsp.
- Onion medium size 1 cubed
- Green spring onions with stalks chopped 4
- Ginger finely chopped 1 inch piece
- Garlic finely chopped 3 cloves
- Tomato sauce 2 tbsps.
- Salt to taste
- Bell pepper seeded and diced 1 small
- Vinegar 1tbsp.
- Take a cup of soya chunks and add to 3 cups of hot water and allow it to soak for 15 min.
- Once the soya chunks absorb water and increase in size, drain excess water and add ½ tsp. of salt,
- 1 tbsp. of green chili paste and 1 tsps. Of corn starch and coat well and keep it a side.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a wok and once it is hot add the soya chunks and toss for a minute and take them off to a dish and set a side.
- In the same wok / pan add onion pieces , chili paste, tomato sauce, finely chopped ginger and garlic and mix well , add the soya chunks back and add 1 cup of water and mix well .
- To the above mixture add chopped bell pepper , vinegar and adjust salt accordingly.
- Mix 2 tsp. of corn starch in 2 tbsp. of water and add this mixture to the sauce in order to get thicken , cook of 5 minutes and take it off the heat.
- Garnish with spring onions and enjoy .