Sorakaya palu posina kura (लौकी और दूध की सब्जी,సొరకాయపాలుపొసినకూర) This curry is typical south Indian, especially made in Andhra Pradesh. Bottle gourd milk curry. This curry is soft creamy sweet and mild in taste. This goes well with rice and chapathis when had hot hot.
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh| Cooking Time 30 mins | Take it with Rice/chapathi | Type Sweet | Shelf Life: 1 day |Quantity: 3 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving
Calories (40 Kcals), Carbohydrates (12 g), Protein (1), Fat (1.2g).
- Bottle Gourd /Sorakaya 2 cups ( peeled and cut in to pieces)
- Onion 1,medium size chopped
- Milk 1 cup
- Green chilies 2 or 3 (crushed)
- Small piece of ginger ( crushed)
- Curry leaves 1 sprig
- Turmeric powder ¼ tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2 tsp.
- Dry red chili 1 broken to pieces
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp.
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp.
- Chana dal 1 tsp.
- Urad dal 1tsp.
- Heat a skillet with 2 tsp. of oil. When the oil is hot enough add tampering / talimpu ingredients and saute till mustard seeds pops up.
- Now add crushed green chilies, crushed ginger, onions pieces and curry leaves, saute for a while till the onions become soft, now add the chopped sorakaya/bottle gourd pieces and stir it well so that the tadka gets mixed with this vegetable pieces.
- Add enough salt and turmeric powder…stir it once again and cover with lid,l et it cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- After 5 minutes when we open the lid we see , water that is released from bottle gourd and the curry is cooking, cook the curry without lid so that most of the water evaporates , then cover and cook on low flame.
- At this point add milk and mix once and just simmer for 2 minutes and take the curry off the flame , so to prevent milk from breaking.
- Now the bottle gourd curry is ready which goes well with rice as well as roti.
Variations: Add garlic in tadka. Add tomato.
No comments yet.