Sookhi Daal Amritsari (सुकी दाल अमृतसरी) recipe is from Amritsar ( Punjab) . The dal is rich in proteins, whole carbohydrates, fiber. This dish can be served with rice or roti as a side dish with other vegetables .
Regional Dish: Punjab, Haryana, Delhi
Cuisine Style: Punjab | Cooking Time 45 minutes | Take it with Roti | Type Dal | Shelf Life : 1 day.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (210Kcal), Carbohydrates (20 g), Protein (6 g), Fat (2 g).
- Split , washed , white black gram dal 1 cup ( Urad dal with out skin)
- Onion 1 medium size finely chopped
- Tomato 1 finely chopped
- Green chili finely chopped 1
- Ginger finely chopped 1 tsp.
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
- Hing ¼ tsp.
- Oil 1 tbsp.
- Salt and red chili powder as per taste
- Garam masala ½ tsp.
- Finley chopped coriander leaves 2 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder ¼ tsp.
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp.
- Soak 1 cup black gram dal in 4 cups of water for about 3 hrs.
- After 3 hrs. Cook the dal in water till done, it should not get mushy.
- In another pan add oil, hing, cumin and once pop add chopped green chili and onion and fry till onion becomes transparent.
- To this add turmeric, salt, tomato and keep stirring till everything gets dry and cooked.
- Now drain cooked black gram dal in to the onion and tomato base and keep stirring, add chili powder, garam masala and see that the dal gets dry. Now add coriander leaves, ginger and lemon juice and give it a good mix and enjoy.