Shufta (शूफतह)“Shufta” is a Kashmiri sweet dish. Its a lavish sweet made of dry fruits and infused with sugar and kesar and delicately spiced with soonth, Cinnamon and pepper. It has heating properties due to the generous use of dry fruits and ghee and hence ideal for harsh winters of Kashmir.
Regional Dish : Kashmir
Cusian Style : kashmiri | Cooking Time 25 mins | Take with as such | Type Snack/sweet/side dish | Shelf Life : 1 week if refrigerated |Quantity : 10 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 1/2 cup )
Calories (225 Kcal), Carbohydrates (30.0 g), Protein (6.0 g), Fat (12.0 g).
- 1 cup Cubed Paneer
- 1/2 cup Sliced Dry Coconut
- 1/2 cup Almonds (blanched)
- 1/2 cup Pistachio’s (blanched)
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- 1/2 cup Apricots
- 1/2 cup Dates
- 1/2cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1 tsp Soonth Powder (Dry ginger powder)
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Kesar (saffron)
- 1/2 cup Ghee
- Soak Dry dates for 1 hour in water, remove pits and cut into small pieces.
- Wash apricots, blanch for 30minutes, after cooling remove pits and cut in to small pieces.
- Cut all the dry fruits in to small pieces.
- Fry cubed paneer in ghee till golden brown in color by tossing so that it gets even color.
- Fry the sliced dry coconut in to golden color
- Now add sugar, presoaked nuts with some water and keep mixing till it becomes a tick jelly consistency.
- Add all the spices and stir again and serve warm
Variations: Add An jeer, Add melon seeds,Garnish with dry rose petals