Shami kabab (Urdu: شامی کباب, Hindi: शामी कबाब), or shami tikka is a popular Pakistani, Persian, and Indian style of kebab, that is composed of small patty minced mutton or beef, ground chickpeas and spices.
Shami kebabs are an extremely popular snack in Pakistan. They are often garnished with lemon juice and/or sliced raw onions, and are usually eaten with chutney made from mint or coriander. They are also served along with Sheer Khurma on Eid Days.
Regional Dish : Pakistan, North India
Cuisine Style : Pakistani | Cooking Time 45 minutes | Take with any chutney | Type Snack | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutrition values calculated for 1 serving ( 2nos)
Calories(165), Carbohydrates( 18.6 g), protein (12 g), Fat (5.8 g).
• 500 gm Meat minced
• 75 gm Chana daal (large split yellow lentil)
• 2 tbsp Garam masala
• 3-4 Dry red chilies
• 2 tbsp Garlic paste
• 1 tbsp Ginger paste
• 2 tsp Coriander powder
• 1 tsp Cumin powder
• Salt to taste
• Vegetable oil, for cooking
• Mint chutney, for serving
Add the below ingredients to the cooked and grind ed mixture before making in to patties
- 1/2 cup each ( finely chopped onions, mint leaves )
- 2 finely chopped green chilies
- 2 eggs
• Boil all the ingredients together in water, until the lentils are completely mashed and the mince is cooked.
• Cook till the water dries.
• Grind the mix into a thick paste in your food processor.
• Shape into patties.
• Heat vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet and shallow fry the kababs, till golden on both sides.
• Serve hot with mint chutney.
• Shami Kabab is ready.
Shami kebabs may be served with ketchup, hot sauce, chilli garlic sauce, raita (an Asian dip made of plain curd and some spices) or chutney. Before serving it is also common to dip the kebabs in a beaten egg mixture and double fry the kebabs.
make me this kabab and i am always like it…