Set Dosa (ಸೆಟ್ ದೋಸ, సెట్ దోస, செட்தோச, सेट दोसा) The crepes/pancakes are served in sets. Earlier a set consisted of 4 Dosas, now it is 3 Dosas in a set. It is a filling breakfast served along with Chutney and Sagu or Kurma.
Regional Dish : Karnataka; Andhra; Tamil Nadu; South India and some places in North India.
Cuisine Style : Karnataka | Cooking Time 25 minutes | Take with chutney or kurma | Type Breakfast | Shelf Life : half day| quantity: 4 servings .
Appx. Nutrtional values : calculated for 1 serving (3 dosas)
Calories (350 K cal), Carbohydrates (20 g), Protein (5 g), Fat (5 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Rice 2 Cups
- Urad Dal/Black Gram split 1 Cup
- Methi/Fenugreek seeds 1tbsp
- Bengal Gram 1tbsp
- Avalakki/Flattened Rice 1 Cup
- Cooked Rice 1 Cup
- Sugar 2tsp
- Oil for roasting
- Salt to taste
- Soak Rice, Urad Dal, Methi and Bengal Gram for 5 hours.
- Soak Avalakki 10 minutes before grinding.
- Grind Rice, Urad Dal, Methi, Avalakki, Cooked Rice and Bengal Gram to a batter.
- Leave the batter to ferment for at least 6 – 8 hours.
- Add Sugar and Salt to the batter and mix well.
- Heat and grease a griddle and pour a ladleful of batter thickly in a circular shape.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of Oil and roast. Flip and roast on the other side too
- Serve 3 hot Dosas together along with Chutney and Vegetable Kurma.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : None.