Sesame sticks are available in many super markets now, these are mostly seen in health stores and some Asian markets. They are about 2 inches in length, quite crispy and have salty taste which complements well to the flavor of toasted sesame seeds. Never the less they are addictive and once you start eating them, you cannot stop. This is the easy way that can be made in home and can be enjoyed any time.
Regional Dish: America, China, Japan, Korea
Cuisine Style: American | Cooking Time 60 mins| Take it as such | Type Snack| Shelf Life: 10 days| Quantity: 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving
Calories (135.8Kcals), Carbohydrates (19g), Protein (3.2g), Fat (5.5g).
- ½ cup Oats ( quick cooking or instant oats)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsps. Butter
- ¼ cup White Sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. green chili paste (optional)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder ( Note : if you do not have garlic powder , than use fresh garlic juice of 1tbsp.
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Salt per taste
- ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Coarsely powder the oats, then take a big plate and add the rest of the dry ingredients including sesame seeds and mix well.
- Melt the butter and add to the above mixture and rub it in to the prepared dry ingredients which will form a bread crumb like consistency.
- Add water little by little and knead to stiff dough. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Then take small balls of dough and place it in between 2 greased plastic sheets. Apply pressure and make it into flat disc. Remove the top cover and with the tip of your hands flatten the dough and make it as flat as possible. Note : use roller pin.
- Using a knife cut into small strips. Repeat this process with the remaining dough as well.
- Place the strips on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes until they are light brown.
- Turn them over and bake for another 10 minutes. Allow to cool before snacking!
Variations: Without garlic, without green chili, Adding red chili powder, Adding half of whole wheat flour, Adding cumin powder, Adding oil, Honey, to make it gluten free replace all-purpose flour with rice flour or brown rice flour.