Senagapappu vada (సెనగపప్పు వడ, செனகபப்பு வாடா, चना दल के वडे) This is a traditional favorite made in many regions of India.They are also called as masala vada.
Regional Dish : Andhra Pradesh; Tamilnadu; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andra Pradesh|Cooking Time 30 minutes| Take with any chutney or sauce or as such | Type Snacks| Shelf Life 1day | Quantity: 4 Servings.
Appx.Nutritional values: calculated for 1 serving ( 2nos)
Calories (220 K cal), Carbohydrates (20 g), Protein (14 g), Fat (13 g).
- Chana dal 2 cups
- Besan 2 to 3 tbs
- Onions (chopped) 1/2 cup
- Cilantro and curry leaves 1/2 cup
- Green chillis (chopped) 4
- coriander powder 1tbs
- Cumin powder 1 tbs
- Dry red chiilis 3 to 4
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak Chana dal for 5 to 6 hours.
- Make a fine powder of cumin seeds, red chiilis, coriander seeds.
- In a food processer grind chanadal to a course wet paste (do not add any water while grinding.
- Mix chanadal paste, cumin , corinader , red chili powder , chopped onions, cilantro,curry leaves , green chillis and besan.
- Adjust salt.
- Make patties of desired size , but usually they r made small
- Heat oil and fry on a medium low flame until golden, drain on a paper towel.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
Other variants/ Cuisine Style: 1. Masala Vada,