Senaga pappu kaaram (సెనగ పప్పు కారం, கடலை பருப்பு மாவு, बंगाल चना कारम) This is known as senagapappu kaaram in our household. It is also know as senaga podi. This can be served with hot steamed rice and ghee. This can be also used for Idly and Dosa with little ghee.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamilnadu; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Preperation Time 15 minutes | Take with hot rice or idly | Type powder | Shelf Life : 1 week.
Appx. Nutritional values :
- Putnala pappu (Senaga Pappu) 250gm
- Dried coconut powder 4 tbsps
- Jeera 1 tbsp
- Red chillies 10nos
- Garlic 3pods
- Grind putnala pappu and dried coconut in to fine powder and keep aside
- Fry jeera, red chillies moderately with out oil and grind in to a fine powder
- Crush garlic
- Mix well all the powders add crushed garlic and adjust salt
- Store and serve with rice , upma , idli ,dosa with ghee or oil
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Senaga pappu kaaram with (chena dal and urad dal).