Senaga Guggillu (సెనగ గుగ్గిళ్ళు, செங்கபப்பு சுண்டல், चना दल की सुन्दल) is a nutritious and filling snack full of protein and fiber. This vegetarian and vegan dish is made with chickpeas (garbanzo beans) and coconut. It is also served with rice and ghee, afternoon snack for kids and a festive offering for god ganesh during vinayakachavathi
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; Karnataka; South India and North Indian.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Taken as such | Type Snacks | Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity: 2 Servings.
Ingredients to serve :
- Senagallu / Kabuli channa 1 cup
- Onion 1 medium size
- Chopped green chillies (3 slit and cut into small pieces)
- Ginger 1 piece chopped (Optional)
- Freshly grated coconut 4 tbsps
- Salt to taste
- Mustard Seeds 1 tsp
- Urad dhal 1 tsp
- Red chillies 1 broken
- Curry Leaves 2 sprigs
- Oil 2 tsps
- Asafoetida a pinch
- To garnish Coriander leaves
- Clean and soak the kabuli channa in water for 5-10 minutes.
- Cook in the pressure cooker with salt for about 2 whistles. ( the channa should just soak in water in the cooker , avoid more water as it makes channa mushy)
- Once 2 whistles are done allow the cooker to Cool and open the lid. Drain the excess water and keep aside.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds, wait until it splutters.
- Add urad dal, red chillies, green chillies, asafoetida, curry leaves and the onion. Fry till the onion becomes translucent.
- Now add the cooked channa and adjust salt.
- Stir for few minutes.
- Add the coconut gratings and remove from the stove.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve as a side dish or evening snack.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : senagala talimpu, senagala sundal , sundal, senagala guggillu, kabuli channa