Semiya Halwa (సేమియా హల్వా, சேமிய ஹல்வா, सेमिया हल्वा) is a most popular Indian dessert. Prepared in almost all parts of India. The cooking procedure is very simple, prepared in a very short time.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; Kerala; Karnataka; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 20 Minutes | Take it as Snack | Type Sweet | Shelf Life : 1 day.
Appx. Nutritional values : None.
Ingredients to serve :
- Semiya (vermicelli) – 1 cup
- Milk 1 cup
- Water 1 cup
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- Ghee 2 tbsp
- Cashews & Raisins – fried in ghee
- Fry vermicelli in little ghee under low-med flame till it get nice aroma and also golden color.
- Simultaneously, boil milk and water in soup pan.
- Add fried vermicelli to the boiling milk, stir and allow it to cook completely. Cooking hardly takes 3-5 mins.
- Cook completely but not overcook.
- Now, add sugar and stir continuously till this mixture gets thickened. This hardly takes 8-10 mins.
- Add ghee, fried cashews and raisins. Mix again.
- Pour this mixture in a ghee greased plate and allow it to air dry.
- When its almost dry, cut it into desired shape and allow to dry completely.
- Now separate the pieces and transfer into a container.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : None.
No comments yet.