Schezwan Sauce is very easy to make at home, it’s very healthy and can also be prepared in advance in large amounts.When the prepared sauce cooled to room temperature can be bottled and refrigerated to increase shelf life.
Regional Dish: India
Cuisine Style: India| Cooking Time 30 mins | Take it with rice/ noodles | Type Sauce| Shelf Life: 1 month if refrigerated| Quantity: 10 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (40Kcal), Carbohydrates (6g), Protein (0g), Fat (1g)
- Dry Red Chillies:10-12(Soak them in water for 1 hr and blend them to a smooth paste)
- Garlic:6 cloves(finely chopped)
- Grated Ginger:1 spoon
- Red Chilli Sauce(Store bought):1 spoon
- Soya Sauce:1/2 spoon
- Vinegar:1 spoon
- Salt: To Taste
- Pepper Powder: To Taste
- Sugar:1/4 spoon
- Oil:2 spoons
- Heat Oil in pan, when hot add the chopped garlic and grated ginger, fry till garlic turn golden color.
- Now add the red chillie paste and fry till the mixture leaves oil.
- Then add salt and pepper to taste, add sugar, vinegar, soya sauce and red chilli sauce and mix well.
- Add just 1/4 cup of water if the mixture is too dry.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes and let it cool, store it in a bottle and refrigerate and use when needed.
- Consistency of the sauce has to be like the beaten curd.
- We can add water later while preparing the dish.
Variations: Green onions with part, Tomato sauce, Red chili powder, Corn flour.